IDRAC - Identification et commande des robots à câbles
Identification and Control of Cable Robots
This project aims at improving the capabilities of parallel cable-driven robots by using exteroceptive measurement such as vision. The evaluation of the methods are made on an INCA 6D from Haption. Initially developed as an haptic interface for interaction in virtual reality, we use it as a manipulator that aims at displacing some load with speed and accuracy.
cable-driven parallel manipulator, vision-based control, identification, robust control
- Ryad Chellal, PhD (2010-2016)
- Tien-Thanh Nguyen, Master (2010)
Guillaume Mercès (LIAS), Olivier Prot (XLim)
Modeling and identification of a phenomenological model
Based on the Laws of Physics, models of the cable robot have been developed. Their parameters have been estimated by an identification procedure relying on adequate excitation signals. Models considering rigid cables are valid for low bandwidth excitation (R. Chellal et al. 2012). In this latter work, a two-sptep procedure has been proposed in order to first estimate the geometrical parameters and second determine the dynamical ones. If high bandwidth is to be considered, elastic cables can be considered (Nguyen et al. 2011, 2012).
Some preliminary work in simulation on a 3-DOF cable robot show the interest of multivariable H-infinity control strategies (Laroche et al. 2012).
H∞ control of a 6-DOF cable robot has been proposed and validated on the INCA 6D robot available at ICube (Chellal et al. 2016). Special emphasize has been made on the tuning of the weighting filters in order to improve the perturbation rejection properties.
- Acquisition of the INCA 3D and its extension to 6D in partnership with IGG group
- Preciput-ANR from ULP (2009)
- CNRS: PEPS IDRAC (2010-2011)
- PhD grant (2010-2013)
- R. Chellal, L. Cuvillon, E. Laroche, Model identification and vision-based H∞ position control of 6-DoF cable-driven parallel robots, International Journal of Control, Taylor & Francis, pages 1-18, 2016
- R. Chellal, L. Cuvillon, E. Laroche. A Kinematic Vision-Based Position Control of a 6-DoF Cable-Driven Parallel Robot, Second International Conference on Cable-Driven Parallel Robots, Duisburg, Germany, August 2014.
- C. Cvetanovic, E. Laroche. Towards DAE Methodology for the Control of Cable-Driven Parallel Robots, IEEE Multi-Conference on Systems and Control, Antibes, France, October 2014.
- R. Chellal, E. Laroche, L. Cuvillon. An H∞ Methodology for Position Control of 6-DoF Cable-Driven Parallel Robots, European Control Conference, Strasbourg, France, June 2014.
- R. Chellal, E. Laroche, L. Cuvillon, J. Gangloff. An Identification Methodology for 6 DoF Cable-Driven Parallel Robots Parameters - Application to the INCA 6D Robot, First International Conference on Cable-Driven Parallel Robots, Stuttgart, Germany, September 2012.
- E. Laroche, R. Chellal, L. Cuvillon, J. Gangloff. A Preliminary Study for H∞ Control of Parallel Cable-Driven Manipulators, First International Conference on Cable-Driven Parallel Robots, Stuttgart, Germany, August 2012.
- T. Nguyen, E. Laroche, L. Cuvillon, J. Gangloff, O. Piccin. Identification d’un modèle phénoménologique de robot à câbles, Journal Européen des Systèmes Automatisés, Hermès - Lavoisier, Vol. 56(6-7):673-689, November 2012.
- T. Nguyen, E. Laroche, L. Cuvillon, J. Gangloff, O. Piccin. Identification phénoménologique d'un robot à câbles, Journées Identification et Modélisation Expérimentale, Douai, France, April 2011.