The Medical Robotics Platform
The medical robotics platform located in the Ircad building is equipped with state-of-the-art equipments for the design, integration and evaluation of robotic devices:
- Robotic systems for evaluation purpose (2-DOF and 6-DOF custom-made robots, XY positioning platform, Adept Viper S650 robot)
- Optical and magnetic localization systems
- Ultrasonic imaging system, surgical laser
- CAD platform
- 3D multimaterial prototyping system, funded by the ROBOTEX program
More than 10 fully-functional robotic systems have been developed in the lab for medical applications during the last ten years.
The Interventional MRI suite
A unique MRI interventional suite is located inside the NHC building of the Civil Hospital of Strasbourg. It includes:
- A large-bore MRI scanner Siemens Aera 1.5T
- A Galil Medical MR-compatible cryoablation system
This set-up is used for development of MR-compatible devices, sequences, with a research partnerhsip with Siemens.
The INCA 6D platform
An INCA 6D cable-driven robot is installed at TPS, in partnership with the IGG group, for research on the modeling, identification and control on this class of mechanisms.